[mythtv-users] Arm Based Frontend

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Apr 23 23:34:58 UTC 2014

On 4/23/2014 5:27 PM, HP-mini wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 16:08 -0400, Timothy Krantz wrote:

Since VDPAU decoding is done inside the GPU's video processor, any
sensible de-interlacing process would be done on the GPU as well, rather
than pulling the decoded video out of the GPU, deinterlacing, and
feeding the video back into the GPU for further processing and output.
MythTV expects VDPAU to be implemented in this manner, and does not even
support the option of performing CPU deinterlacing. Assuming this VDPAU
implementation has any support for deinterlacing, it would be doing it
in the GPU, rather than internally performing those operations on the CPU.