[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix hack

Gregory Schade gmschade at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:35:45 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 01:15 PM, Andréas Kühne wrote:

> <mailto:gmschade at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 04/23/2014 12:26 AM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > This looks awesome
>     > I'm going to test this setup as soon as I can find some spare time.
>     >
>     > Rob
>     >
>     >
>     Once I got it all setup on the desktop, and moved it to the mythtv
>     system in the living room it went pretty quick. except for silverlight
>     crashing constantly --see my first thing of problems I have ran into--
>
>     p.s. sorry if my website is running a little slow. I have been having
>     some problems on my end recently and just got the bugs that broke
>     stuff
>     figured out but now apache is running slow.
>
>     Greg
>

> Great work, am looking at the results at the moment.
>
> I have netflix running with a wine-firefox solution. Does your
> solution not require Wine? Is it running natively on ubuntu?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andréas

it uses the pipelight http://fds-team.de/cms/pipelight-installation.html
solution. Best description is that just the silverlight plugin is run in
wine. The Firefox is the native linux. My experience with it is that it
takes much less system overhead, in fact it will use VDPAU for some of
the decoding off load I don't know how much tho. This was a game changer
for my living room. my box wasn't powerful enough to run netflix before
the pipelight plugin.
Greg