[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Apr 23 17:20:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-23 12:16 PM, Nick Campbell wrote:
> That is good to know.  Another side note is that on this centos machine I had a ATI video card, after reading several posts about ATI not playing well with linux I purchased a Nvidia card to replace it.  A lot of people smarter than me said that nvidia cards just work a lot better with linux, so I figured I would try that..  I must be missing something stupid, which is usually how it goes.  Thanks for the feedback, I really want to make this work on centos... Nothing against any other distro, I just decided since redhat is so stable, and centos is almost identical that it would make a good rock solid foundation.

The one real plus to CentOS besides the redhat stability (which really, Fedora is a toss up because it's a testing ground. And that's ok. Because users are told that up front) is the long term support.

That's a fabulous thing.

Anyway - I used a whimpy GT220 or somesuch on mine -- but I don't ever use it for video. I watch from LinHES dedicated frontEnds.

  -Ben