[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:32:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Brian J. Murrell
<brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> The last time I checked though, there was no source of MythTV packages
> maintained for CentOS as well as the Mythbuntu team are doing for
> Ubuntu.

True.  CentOS 6 just did not contain the required levels of
packages, making packaging (nearly) impossible for the
usual repositories due to the packaging guidelines in
place for those repos, and backporting was non-trivial
to the obsolete Qt (in particular).

A few individuals did build the various required
packages for their own use.

CentOS 7 should be available RSN (the RHEL 7 RC is
available now, and with the closer cooperation between
Red Hat and the CentOS team, I think everyone would
hope that CentOS 7 will be available in the not too
distant future (unlike the delays with CentOS 6)).

Since RHEL 7 has "current" package, it seems likely
that rpmfusion packages can (and will) be built and
maintained.

As for Red Hat vs Canonical, that is a different issue.