[mythtv-users] Intel Graphics Support Question

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 06:48:19 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 12:31 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
> Thinking about replacing long-in-the-tooth BE on ASUS M2NPV-VM
> motherboard with a newer Intel CPU based one.  I couldn't tell from
> the mail-list search I did whether there would be any issues with SD
> video playback on the BE if I used an i3 cpu with Intel HD Graphics
> 2500 integrated in the CPU.  Am I asking for trouble?

My FE is based on a Zotac H55 motherboard with an Intel Core i3 540
(3.07GHz) CPU, and I'm successfully using the Intel HD graphics for SD
playback on an HDMI-connected TV:

- SD content recorded using Hauppauge HVR-1900 tuners
- DVDs

Also no issues playing back HD content from Youtube (although I haven't
yet figured out how to get audio in this scenario).

So my CPU is an Ironlake/Clarkdale model. Suggest you look at the
comparison on Wikipedia [1] to see how relevant the above is to your
situation.

[1]:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units

(I know that you were asking about a BE. As it happens I have exactly
the same motherboard and CPU powering my BE as well. Only difference is
the type of aftermarket heat sink I'm using).

HTH, Jan