[mythtv-users] 10 years

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:29:03 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a couple days late on the anniversary, but I just hit 10 years on the
> running time!
>
> Number of shows: 1476
> Number of episodes: 28261
> First recording: Monday April 19th, 2004
> Last recording: Monday April 21st, 2014
> Total Running Time: 10 years 18 hrs 4 mins
> Total Recorded: 3 years 4 days 10 hrs 46 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 30%
>
> So, just wanted to thank everybody for this awesome software and all the
> help I've received on this list over the years.
>
> It's been quite a journey from a $15 bttv tuner to an HD-PVR and HDHR
> Prime.
>
> The first thing I ever recorded was the movie "Spartacus".

Nice! I'm at a bit over 10 years myself:

Number of shows: 533
Number of episodes: 15389
First recording: Saturday August 2nd, 2003
Last recording: Friday December 27th, 2013
Total Running Time: 10 years 4 months 25 days 21 hrs 56 mins
Total Recorded: 1 year 6 months 14 days 10 hrs 55 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 14%

But that is since the last time I reset the database. I've actually been
using Myth since October of 2002, with a software encoder, on a PC barely
capable of recording at decent quality. I had to stop everything and go
read a book whenever there was a recording to avoid frame drops.

My current system is, sadly, sitting mostly idle now, because I haven't
been able to get LIRC to talk nicely to my IR blaster, to control my Fibe
box (Motorola something-or-other). I'm eagerly awaiting being able to
upgrade to Mythbuntu 14.04 (from 12.04) in the hopes that it will have an
updated LIRC that will let me use the machine again. The Motorola DVR is so
sorely lacking ... no commercial skip, limited duplicate detection, poor
scheduler, no timestretch... and such limited storage space. :)

aaron