[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:38:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> My only problem now is that I can not view all my cable channels. I
> subscribe to HBO and none of those seem to work at all.

Copy protected content is not supported (supportable) on a true
FOSS project such as MythTV.  Only closed solutions (Microsoft
Windows Media Center, TiVo, MSO DVR) support the required
DRM.  If it was your hope to record HBO using the HDHR Prime,
you should get used to disappointment.  Alternatives for some
are to use the "analogue hole" and a HD-PVR using the cable
providers STB.