[mythtv-users] Channel icons dissapear in 0.27

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Apr 20 11:57:41 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I am having some little problem with the upgrade of my system (from 0.26
> to 0.27).
>
> I notice that there is no channel icons in the LiveTV info and guide.
>
> The channel icons are in the database:
>
> mysql> SELECT name,icon FROM channel WHERE callsign="La 1 HD";
> +---------+--------------------------------------+
> | name    | icon                                 |
> +---------+--------------------------------------+
> | La 1 HD | /usr/share/mythtv/channels/tvehd.png |
> +---------+--------------------------------------+
>
> # ls -lh /usr/share/mythtv/channels/tvehd.png
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.3K Jan 19 21:52
> /usr/share/mythtv/channels/tvehd.png
>
> There is no error or warning in the frontend/backend logs. How could I
> debug it?
>
> Before upgrade to 0.27, it works well in all frontends.

Hi Josu,

I had trouble with this a few months ago.  I wasn't running mythtv-setup as
the mythbackend user, if I recall correctly.  I posted my solution at the
end of the thread.  Perhaps it will help you:

Otherwise, try searching for 'channel icons' on the gossamer threads
archives.  You might find a solution there.

Good luck,
Jerry