[mythtv-users] Arm Based Frontend

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 20 11:53:57 UTC 2014

On 04/19/2014 09:40 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> What I would like to see is a Mythweb client that I could program     once a week
>> to faithfully record the shows that I now forget to record.
>>
> Isn't this the whole point of recording schedules? For non-movies i set mine about once every 3 months then just let Myth do it's thing.

Or are you talking about the automatic backend shutdown / startup not working for you?

> Or (last guess I promise) do you mean that your backend is invariably off at the times that you tend to program your recordings with MythWeb?
Yes on all three and that's why I would like to have a small embedded
controller running the whole show.
I did have this running on a headless thinkpad for a while but the hard
drive life wasn't that good.
I went through three drives in a little over twelve months.