[mythtv-users] Arm Based Frontend

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 09:39:19 UTC 2014

> You have schedules three months in advance?

Nope, best I get from IceTV is 7 days. That's why MythTV is so good. I hear about a show that I think I might like - from anywhere, be it google, the cinema, talking to friends, whatever I just put a keyword recording in for anytime any channel with full duplicate detection. If one day it turns up in the guide it will get recorded, even if it's years later.

For example I've got a keyword recording for 'Game of Thrones' in there already even though there is no free to air channel running it and none talking about running it (to the best of my knowledge). If and when it turns up I will catch it, if it never turns up it doesn't matter either. To get all the Harry Potter movies just keyword recording for 'Harry Potter' and when they finally air I will catch them automatically.

If I get false positive matches I just delete them after they have been recorded.

It helps that I have tuner capacity (DVB-T multirec) to minimize conflicts.