[mythtv-users] Device name for dvd drive in archive and video settings

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 00:19:45 UTC 2014

I just installed MythBuntu 14.04 on a spare machine and am having a hard
time with setting up the device name to use for MythArchive and for
Videos. I have had intermittent success in the past on my production
MythBuntu 12.04, but I cannot replicate those settings now even with
either machine.

When I enter /dev/sr0 in Setup->MythArchive Settings->Location of DVD, I
can burn a DVD but not eject it.

When I try entering /dev/sr0 in Setup->Video Settings->Player
Settings->DVD Drive, I cannot play a video. I've also had no luck with
/dev/cdrom, /dev/dvd, etc.

I know I have to exit MythTV and explore my file system to find the
device name the system is using, but I'm afraid I don't know how.

Bob Shanteau