[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu trusty?

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Apr 19 06:14:06 UTC 2014

Quote/Cytat - mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org (Sat 19 Apr 2014
07:15:13 AM CEST):

> > Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:26:25 -0700
> From: Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythbuntu trusty?
>
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Then ubiquity crashed, I sent a bug report as offered by apport.
>>
>> The crash was when I tried to install from the desktop install icon
>> running from a live session.
>>
>> When the installer ran from the spash screen (where you get the
>> opportunity to "try mythbuntu" or "install mythbuntu" then it
>> completed fine.
>
> Found it. Looks like it's because of enabling VNC. You should be able
> to install without that then activate it later. We'll catch that in
> the point release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

I had the same problem, cf.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1309752

When I left VNC disabled, the installation was finished seemingly
succesfully, but after reboot I get a blank screen and 2 keyboard LEDs
flashing continuously.

When I boot in the recovery mode, I also get the flashing LEDs but I
see on the screen the end of some traceback. Should I write it down?

This is my first experience with MythTV.

I install it on an external USB drive not to mess with my primary
system (Debian testing). This is an old disk, I have some other unused
systems (Debian and Windows XP) on it which I am also unable to boot,
but the symptoms are quite different.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)