[mythtv-users] Custom search confined to sourceid

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 16 12:28:22 UTC 2014

On 02/19/2014 12:24 AM, Pete Ashdown wrote:
> I have a setup with one HDPVR and 4 HD-Homeruns.  The HDPVR is sourceid 2 and
> all of the HD-Homeruns are in sourceid 1.  I'd like to configure a custom
> search to only apply to the HD-Homeruns, but "Advanced" only allows me select
> one of the HD-Homeruns as a preferred input, rather than all of them and NOT
> the HDPVR.  Is this possible?  Will "Preferred Input" fallback to other inputs
> in the same sourceid and not the input out of the sourceid?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that "custom search" means "Custom/Power Recording Rule"?

If so, use the example clause "Only channels from a specific video
source" in the mythfrontend custom/power recording rule editor.  You
don't want "Preferred Input" (which is only a single input and does not
constrain recording to only that input).

Mike