[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime or Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6?

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:15:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net>wrote:

> On 4/14/2014 1:33 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
>

>  Hello,
>

> I run the 4 port pcie Ceton card with mythtv .27 and it works extremely
> well. The driver is provided by ceton off their website. I have had no
> problems at all with it. Might give that a try. I dont know about the
> others because my experience is with the 4 port pcie card itself.
>
> Joseph
>
> ***
> I have the HDHomerun Prime, 6 tuners on 2 units are used by my MBE. The
> only problem I have is when someone grabs one of the tuners with the smart
> TV and the MBE decides to use that tuner. I have a 3rd HDHRP for use by
> non-Myth devices but that requires the human running the smart TV to
> remember which tuners to use.
>
> I know nothing of Comcast however, my cable company is Wave Broadband and
> so far (knock on wood) they have been very good about marking channels as
> copy freely. Only the acknowledged premium (HBO, etc) channels are marked
> copy once.
>
> mike

So is there anyone running the Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 device on 0.26?
 Unfortunately, in my environment, the PCIe tuner won't be a viable option
as MythBackend is a VM running in ESXi, and I don't want to take the chance
that a PCIe tuner can't be passed to the VM correctly.  Joseph/Mike, thanks
for your input!

Jim