[mythtv-users] HELP! I want my mythtv!

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:59:29 UTC 2014

> I had a great Mythtv setup once. Then my wife discovered it and probably
> 95 percent of everything on it is her recordings. She records all kinds
> of "Ladies programs".  I barely have room to record my own. Its gotten
> so bad that I had to install a ceton 4 tuner card to keep up with her
> stuff. All this Lifetime Movie Network movies, Soaps and reality shows -
> She has taken over my mythtv! :) So, Yes I do need 4tb believe it or
> not. Its gotten to the point now that it remains full of her shows and
> has to delete shows to make room for newer recordings - LOL!

> So, My saying - "I WANT MY MYTHTV!" Has taken a different meaning.
> Perhaps I should start a seperate BE for just me - lol,,,

> Joseph

You can also separate your disk in two partitions and two storage
groups. One for her and one for your self. You can manage that with
the recording profiles/templates. Put her group in the default
template and create one or more templates for your recordings. Give
her three quarter of space and keep a quarter for yourself.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop