[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:48:53 UTC 2014

Hi

Le mercredi 9 avril 2014, Sam Jacobs <samlists at ijacobs.co.uk> a écrit :

> I'm also having problems with the themoviedb.org grabber. I should
> mention that the TheTVDB.com grabber is functioning as it should.
>
> FYI, unlike Steve I'm trying to use it for recording rules--I don't use
> MythVideo.

I tried searching for recordings and it worked just fine for me.

Which OS X are you using?

> 2014-04-08 22:55:51.957880 I  Running Grabber:
> [...]/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
> -l en -a GB -M Toy Story

What happen if in a terminal you type:
PYTHONPATH=/path/to/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages
 /path/to/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
-l en -a GB -M "Toy Story"

And see what results you get

For me:
$ PYTHONPATH=/Applications/Custom/Media\
Playing/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages
/Applications/Custom/Media\
Playing/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
-l en -a GB -M "Toy Story"
/Applications/Custom/Media
Playing/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/dataheap.py:63:
DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
  return super(Artwork, cls).__new__(cls, attr, parent, imagetype)
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<metadata>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story</title>
    <tagline>The adventure takes off!</tagline>
    <description>Woody the cowboy is young Andy's favorite toy. Yet this
changes when Andy get the new super toy Buzz Lightyear for his birthday.
Now that Woody is no longer number one he plans his revenge on Buzz. Toy
Story is a milestone in film history for being the first feature film to
use entirely computer animation.</description>
    <inetref>862</inetref>
    <homepage>http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/ts/</homepage>
    <releasedate>1995-11-21</releasedate>
    <userrating>7.100000</userrating>
    <popularity>7.16715299257</popularity>
    <year>1995</year>
    <runtime>81</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/dji4Fm0gCDVb9DQQMRvAI8YNnTz.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/dji4Fm0gCDVb9DQQMRvAI8YNnTz.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/agy8DheVu5zpQFbXfAdvYivF2FU.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/agy8DheVu5zpQFbXfAdvYivF2FU.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story 3</title>
    <tagline>No toy gets left behind.</tagline>
    <description>Woody, Buzz, and the rest of Andy's toys haven't been
played with in years. With Andy about to go to college, the gang find
themselves accidentally left at a nefarious day care center. The toys must
band together to escape and return home to Andy.</description>
    <inetref>10193</inetref>
    <homepage>http://disney.go.com/toystory/</homepage>
    <releasedate>2010-06-17</releasedate>
    <userrating>7.200000</userrating>
    <popularity>6.26233977289</popularity>
    <year>2010</year>
    <runtime>103</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/rpvDBeVazJyBV5SxtnQWIgL5SIb.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/rpvDBeVazJyBV5SxtnQWIgL5SIb.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/tOwAAVeL1p3ls9dhOBo45ElodU3.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/tOwAAVeL1p3ls9dhOBo45ElodU3.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story 2</title>
    <tagline>The toys are back!</tagline>
    <description>During a garage sale Andy's mother sells some of Andy's
old things including his favorite toy Woody to a collector. Buzz Lightyear
and the other toys begin a reckless mission to save their friend. The
sequel to the revolutionary computer animated feature film Toy
Story.</description>
    <inetref>863</inetref>
    <releasedate>1999-11-18</releasedate>
    <userrating>6.600000</userrating>
    <popularity>5.62141952932</popularity>
    <year>1999</year>
    <runtime>92</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/9Kjxr4VCU0Y4DAuXkzR2moAy7DK.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/9Kjxr4VCU0Y4DAuXkzR2moAy7DK.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/gd12nM0VnrgbaUmZDjte4oBedGZ.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/gd12nM0VnrgbaUmZDjte4oBedGZ.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Live Action Toy Story</title>
    <description>Live Action Toy Story</description>
    <inetref>175939</inetref>
    <releasedate>2013-01-08</releasedate>
    <popularity>0.69</popularity>
    <year>2013</year>
    <runtime>80</runtime>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Charlie: A Toy Story</title>
    <description>Get ready for a hilarious fun-filled adventure as 10 year
old Caden and his best friend, Charlie, a golden retriever, set out on a
wild escapade around town thwarting the evil plans of the bumbling town
bullies who are out to break into Caden's Dad's toy shop to steal his new
one-of-a-kind toy invention that could literally change the
world.</description>
    <inetref>210296</inetref>
    <releasedate>2013-04-02</releasedate>
    <popularity>0.299</popularity>
    <year>2013</year>
    <runtime>99</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/yAm8t1HEL4AXyIMzppCisAWgP1u.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/yAm8t1HEL4AXyIMzppCisAWgP1u.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story of Terror</title>
    <tagline>One toy gets left behind!</tagline>
    <description>What starts out as a fun road trip for the Toy Story gang
takes an unexpected turn for the worse when the trip detours to a roadside
motel. After one of the toys goes missing, the others find themselves
caught up in a mysterious sequence of events that must be solved before
they all suffer the same fate in this Toy Story of Terror.</description>
    <inetref>213121</inetref>
    <releasedate>2013-10-15</releasedate>
    <userrating>8.500000</userrating>
    <popularity>0.105421260343</popularity>
    <year>2013</year>
    <runtime>22</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/dNBMMLHOURonmtS0DHuEhrAXlPe.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/dNBMMLHOURonmtS0DHuEhrAXlPe.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/kGiG3mJl1ciNFQQSeuP5W5cRRqN.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/kGiG3mJl1ciNFQQSeuP5W5cRRqN.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story Toons: Partysaurus Rex</title>
    <tagline>An Electro Sudsy Good Time!</tagline>
    <description>When Rex finds himself left behind in the bathroom, he
puts his limbs to use by getting a bath going for a bunch of new toy
friends.</description>
    <inetref>130925</inetref>
    <releasedate>2012-09-14</releasedate>
    <userrating>8.600000</userrating>
    <popularity>1.82676404008</popularity>
    <year>2012</year>
    <runtime>7</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/nAtFONeyyRRUKbErM5jA496Ckfg.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/nAtFONeyyRRUKbErM5jA496Ckfg.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/kuOcWK1g60hf2ReoJWwPrkZxElI.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/kuOcWK1g60hf2ReoJWwPrkZxElI.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Toy Story That Time Forgot</title>
    <description>During a post-Christmas play date, the gang find
themselves in uncharted territory when the coolest set of action figures
ever turn out to be dangerously delusional. It's all up to Trixie, the
triceratops, if the gang hopes to return to Bonnie's room in this Toy Story
That Time Forgot.</description>
    <inetref>256835</inetref>
    <releasedate>2014-12-25</releasedate>
    <popularity>0.23</popularity>
    <year>2014</year>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Hawaiian Vacation</title>
    <description>The toys throw Ken and Barbie a Hawaiian vacation in
Bonnie's room.</description>
    <inetref>77887</inetref>
    <homepage>http://www.pixar.com/shorts/hv/index.html</homepage>
    <releasedate>2011-06-24</releasedate>
    <userrating>6.600000</userrating>
    <popularity>4.2342289414</popularity>
    <year>2011</year>
    <runtime>6</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/hXKwvgdTalf4GJBKsKkwZInDLq7.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/hXKwvgdTalf4GJBKsKkwZInDLq7.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/gxcQUNTlpLbmMVPR2KAkSCukLLi.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/gxcQUNTlpLbmMVPR2KAkSCukLLi.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
  <item>
    <title>Small Fry</title>
    <description>A fast food restaurant mini variant of Buzz forcibly
switches places with the real Buzz and his friends have to deal with the
obnoxious impostor.</description>
    <inetref>82424</inetref>
    <homepage>http://www.pixar.com/shorts/sf/index.html</homepage>
    <releasedate>2011-11-23</releasedate>
    <userrating>7.400000</userrating>
    <popularity>1.59206461321</popularity>
    <year>2011</year>
    <runtime>7</runtime>
    <images>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/21Cq3jQvaf2u8Q33L4ou8dMmtvi.jpg"
type="fanart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w300/21Cq3jQvaf2u8Q33L4ou8dMmtvi.jpg"/>
      <image url="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/4deuIpnrXuzMAggQk19Jk81CST.jpg"
type="coverart" thumb="
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w92/4deuIpnrXuzMAggQk19Jk81CST.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
</metadata>

> Running tmdb3.py directly ([...]/tmdb3.py -l en -a GB -D 862)--having this
> time remembered to point PYTHONPATH to the correct location inside the app
> bundle, silly me...--gives:
>
> [...]/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/dataheap.py:63:
> DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
>   return super(Artwork, cls).__new__(cls, attr, parent, imagetype)
> Unable to access cache file: [~]/.mythtv/pytmdb3.cache

the file exists on my machine, I never manually created it...

But when I delete it, and re-run the above command the script fail running.

that is weird..

I see recent changes in master regarding the location of that file...

Raymond may be able to give some hint here, it's his code.

there's a similar bug for this:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11876

i can see the code is wrong, it only checks if the file currently exists,
and exit with an error otherwise, it doesn't attempt to create it