[mythtv-users] How to tell whether MythBuntu installation is 64-bit or 32-bit?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:40:38 UTC 2014

I'm asking on the theory that the only stupid question is the one not
asked, although I'm not feeling especially brilliant at the moment.

I don't recall that the install asked whether to install 32- or 64-bit
and I don't recall that I had an option when I downloaded the install
iso, either, but my memory isn't exactly perfect either.

So, how do I tell which I have?  The output of "uname -a" includes the
text "i686 athlon i386" so that doesn't really help me out.

Why do I care, you might ask.  The answer is that I want to install a
package and I have to choose which .deb to download, the 32-bit or the
64-bit version.

Thanks for helping to make me at least a milliwatt brighter. ;-)

--
Craig.