[mythtv-users] How to disable MythBuntu auto-mount?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 8 13:18:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 08:13 -0400, Will Dormann wrote:

> Yes, it's a combined FE/BE system plugged into the TV.   And it happens
> to have some USB cables coming from it that I use for charging my MP3
> player and phone.

But you just charge, not sync, right?

> Ask the folks that make Mythbuntu?

Yeah.  I think they want to be the "desktop O/S that integrates MythTV
nicely".  As a desktop O/S they still have all of that desktop
paradigm/cruft.

I have been suggesting to them for a long time that they really need a
"mythtv-stb" type package which customizes an installation so that it's
suitable for a single-purpose STB type deployment.  Such a deployment
would boot all the way up into a window-manager-less single app mode
running MythTV only with none of the other desktop crud.

For safety they should probably tie the remote's power button to a
"restart mythtv" function since I still find every now and then I do hav
to simply restart mythtv.  It used to be because of hangs but since 0.27
it seems to be solely due to the HDMI sound not being present sometimes
at a playback start that simply restarting MythTV seems to resolve.

Cheers,
b.