[mythtv-users] one specific recording failing

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:52:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have an issue I would like to get some input on.

I have a combined fe/be running mythbuntu 12.04LTS and 0.27/fixes,
updated to the build of  21040406. Mostly working well, for months on
end.

The symptom is a program I want to have recorded starts recording just
fine,  but
when I later come to play it back, it shows up as a greyed out item in
the 'watch recordings' screen. When I highlight it to get the details,
the file size is shown as 0.00Gb. If I try to play it back I get a
warning popup saying 'Recording Unavailable' (the file for this
recording can not be found).

Only one show (a news broadcast) is affected. This show thad been
recording just fune,
up until 31st March.

Other shows from the same channel continue to be recorded just fine.
The machine has two tuners with two virtual tuners for a total of
four, and there are no conflicting recordings that I can see in the
upcoming recordings list.

It happens that another channel (ie differenct callsign) in the same
multiplex broadcasts a news bulletin with the same title, at the same
time, as the one I want to record; but I have set 'this channel' and
'this time' in the schedule filters and turned off duplicate matching
for good measure. And as noted there are no conflicts in the upcoming
recordings.

I checked free space, that's not an issue - all three storage group
locations have plenty of free space.

I have experimented with deleting and re-adding the rule several times.
I also tried turning off the episode limit. Normally the episode limit
for this show is set at 5 or 7 in case I want to go back and look at a
previous bulletin. When the episode limit is set I always set 'allow
deletion if this would exceed episode limit'. At the time the trouble
began it appers I had more episodes recorded than the limit, but I
don't think that is the issue as I deleted all but two recordings and
had one succeess, then two failures.

The recording rule is now:
 * 'record all showings', with 'this channel' and 'this time' ticked
in the schedule filter;
 * start 1min early and end 5min late;
 * no commflagging (yay public broadcasters);
 * no episode limit; delete oldest if this would exceed max episodes;
allow expiration;
 * no metadata lookup; no tvdb id is set.

I had a failure with this rule today. The log from mythbackend doesn't
have anything that jumps out at my inexpert eye. The excerpt attached
is everything from mythbackend.log starting from just before recording
starts (program title 'ABC News') to well after it ends.

I feel I am missing something obvious but really can't see it.
Comments welcome,
Vince