[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime addition

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Apr 7 14:41:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/2014 2:16 PM, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
>>
>> What's the easiest way to disable channels that show DRM in the HDHRPrime
>> web interface? For example, FX is marked DRM, so there is no need to have it
>> in Myth. Should I disable it in Schedules Direct and then ignore it in
>> channel editor?
>

> No. When I find that my listings have changed, I disable the DRM channels in
> SchedulesDirect, launch Backend setup, go to Input Connections, delete all
> the channels for the source and fetch them again.

Doesn't that mess up previously recorded programs?  They'll still have
historical channel ids that point to the deleted channels.

Maybe you don't care about that, but it doesn't seem like the best
approach to me.

The last time I did this, I removed the individual channels I don't
get from the channels table and ran mythfilldatabase with
--only-update-channels --remove-new-channels.  That seemed to do the
trick.

Eric