[mythtv-users] Suggestions for mounting multiple drives where FEs use mplayer for MP4s

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:38:32 UTC 2014

On 4/7/14, 5:25 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> So, you use mythlink.pl to fill a different directory with human-readable filename links for /all/ your recordings. Then you nfs-export *that* directory so that others can see it. Simples!
> Won't that just export a long list of broken links that the client won't be able to reach the target of ?

I have a master BE. It has its share of movies and assorted other
programs *and* recent recordings. I transcode manually what I want to
retain and add them to "Videos".
The rest is a combination of SMB and NFS mounts that I added links to
the BE. If the NFS/SMB links fail, the BE ignores their entries, by design.
It's worked amazingly well here, with variable FE's and shares, even
when one share goes tits up. It all recovers in the long term, when all
are up.