[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:34:14 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> /me thinks someone needs to use --dd-grab-all, and pick up the change as
> soon as TMS (and, therefore, zap2it) has it without ever needing to a)
> manually check programid's or b) directly edit database data right out from
> under MythTV's feet...

Michael,

"Me knows" I've been using --dd-grab-all for a couple of years now. Run
daily.

When I say I'm grabbing the programid from zap2it I don't mean I'm grabbing
it from their database of upcoming shows and inserting it before my
listings are updated. I mean that the listings this channel gives Tribune
sucks. I mean I'm grabbing it from their historical info. e.g.

CHCJ in the Toronto area is airing Corner Gas. For weeks and weeks they air
it without any episode title or description given to TMS/SD at all.

I look at the first few minutes and realize it's Pilates Twist. I search
for it on zap2it's site with Google:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/corner-gas-pilates-twist/EP006356110003?aid=zap2it

This is NOT a current listing, just their historical data.

Robert, this was a ticket, #11065, and you said Tribune was not getting
good info from the station.

Thanks.