[mythtv-users] Contemplating a major change

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Mon Apr 7 02:10:13 UTC 2014

On 4/6/2014 2:36 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 00:44:28 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> On 4/5/2014 1:45 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:

>>> Don't forget any custom scripts that you might have. Also maybe grab
>>> any configuration files, there will be one for mythweb and possibly
>>> one for MySQL. LIRC?
>>>
>>> Also thinking off the top of my head - grab a copy of any custom
>>> theme(s) you might have.
>>>
>>> Take care with host names, may need to use mythconverg_backup.pl to
>>> change hostname(s) in database if you want to keep your previous settings.
>>>
>>> Going from 0.25 to 0.27 will you need to add the time zone table to
>>> the database? I don't recall exactly when that was added now but I
>>> suspect it will be necessary. Some settings may then need to be
>>> modified to allow for UTC time.
>>>
>>> No doubt there will be permissions to correct when you move the media
>>> files back in to the new storage group folders but that should be
>>> pretty straightforward.
>>>
>>> Are you reusing existing SSD's? Keeping the old system disks intact so
>>> you can swap them back in if you happen to have forgotten something
>>> can be a nice fallback.
>> ***
>> The entire project may have been put on an indefinite hold. I have a
>> test system running 0.27, still on 12.04, and have come across a major
>> issue. I already knew that selling the wife on losing the 'record at any
>> time on this channel' option was not going to be easy. Discovering that
>> none of the filter options can be set makes it a deal breaker. I'm
>> testing with fixes/0.27 with Mythbuntu 28.7 theme and unfortunately for
>> me wife was watching when I selected Schedule Options, arrowed down to
>> Filters and then arrowed down to 'This Channel Only' and tried to set
>> it. I could not find a key on the keyboard that would set that option,
>> or any of the other options offered. It was made perfectly clear to me
>> that we will be using 0.25 for the foreseeable future.
>>
>> mike
> The Space bar selects and deselects those options when editing a rule.
>
> But the usual thing to do to create a new "This Channel Only" rule is
> to go to the program in the guide and hit OK (on the remote) or Enter
> (on the keyboard).  Then you get a special menu that allows you to set
> up the different types of rules.  That menu is a set of shortcuts to
> the creation of the various rule types that were available previously
> and was created after user requests for an easier way of doing it.
***
I had been finding the program in the guide and hitting the Record
button to record it, and then edit the rule with Manage Recordings ->
Recording Rules and never noticed that special menu. I tried it this
afternoon and it does the job. I still want to resolve whatever is
happening with my Schedule Filters screen while the system is still in
test though.

mike