[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 7 01:52:09 UTC 2014

On 04/05/2014 01:11 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>
>     On 05.04.2014 06:22, Ian Evans wrote:
>
>         It was changed in the recorded table. Changed through
>         phpmyadmin. I
>         changed the ID after the program was recorded and I was able
>         to see
>         which epsiode it was (old series so just look up the plot and
>         get the
>         season/episode numbers). The episode id came from looking it
>         up in the
>         zap2it database and the episode id# there matched the id of
>         the upcoming
>         non-generic broadcast of the episode.
>

>     try changing it in http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Oldrecorded_table
>

> Thanks. After doing some digging in the last few minutes I realize
> that now. Wouldn't normally futz (or need to) with the database but
> this stupid channel will send three episodes with descriptions to
> Tribune/Schedules Direct, then the next four or five will be generic
> even though they're showing the whole series in order and then
> starting over again.

/me thinks someone needs to use --dd-grab-all, and pick up the change as
soon as TMS (and, therefore, zap2it) has it without ever needing to a)
manually check programid's or b) directly edit database data right out
from under MythTV's feet...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
+
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416