[mythtv-users] Suggestions for mounting multiple drives where FEs use mplayer for MP4s

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:14:00 UTC 2014

Thanks, Simon.  I had a vague idea there was something wrong with that
approach, and yes, I do use mythlink already.  That wasn't the issue.
I was thinking of being able to nfs mount /var/lib/mythtv/recordings
on the FE-only systems to gain visibility to all the recording files,
rather than having multiple nfs mountpoints and possibly issues with
smplayer finding the appropriate file to play.  Looks like I didn't
mention that part.

While I use the internal player for the TV recordings, I use smplayer
for the MP4 files so the menus can be negotiated sanely.

--
Craig.