[mythtv-users] Contemplating a major change

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 03:24:11 UTC 2014

On 4/5/14, 10:18 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 16:38:14 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> On 4/4/2014 11:43 PM, Mike Carron wrote:
>>> I'm planning a major upgrade of my system, from Mythbuntu
>>> 12.04/fixes/0.25 to Mythbuntu 14.04/fixes/0.27.
>> According to the MythBuntu web site, 14.04 is still in development and
>> the current release is 12.04. Why not stick with 12.04 for the time being?
>>
>> Bob Shanteau
> The release date for Mythbuntu 14.04 is supposed to be 17-Apr-2014,
> and it is likely to be the version to have for the next two years.  So
> it makes sense to wait a few days then upgrade to 14.04.  I have not
> checked, but the release candidate version of 14.04 is likely to be
> out now, so it should already be possible to do test installs now and
> make sure everything is working.

Don't know if my previous made it to the list, G-mail started acting
flukey, so I changed my PW after it said too many simultaneous connections.
I have 14.04 on four test machines now. Loads of updates coming down
each day as the release date approaches. It's been quite stable of late
and should only improve for the few bugs being worked on (I'm astounded
at the amount of work evidenced by the sheer volume of updates per day
being released!).
For my production machines, I'll wait for a bit after release and let
things settle down. That isn't out of concern for stability, just due to
the number of updates anticipated as any final small bugs are ironed out.

Which reminds me, I have to see why DPMS isn't working on my testbed
netbook...