[mythtv-users] MythTV / Plex plugin

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:12:23 UTC 2014

On Saturday, April 5, 2014, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I think I'm getting closer.
>
> It appears that has something to do with port 6544 (the webservices API
> port).
>
> It's working fine on the local machine 127.0.0.1:6544 but I can't connect
> to it from my Plex server.
>

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','showcasefloyd at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Andréas Kühne <andreas at kuhne.se<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','andreas at kuhne.se');>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just looked at the plugin and have a few questions for you.
>>>
>>> In the bundle, there is a file  MythRecordings.bundle / Contents /
>>> DefaultPrefs.json. In that file there is an IP address for the server. Have
>>> you changed the IP address to the IP address for your server?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Andréas

Hey Bill,

I guess I missed your response. It seems to work fine on my local machine,
so I'm guessing there is something blocking or conflicting on the port
somehow. I've tried to connect to it from different machines and each time
I get the same response. Oddly mythweb (default 80) works with no issues.

I guess I'll check the myth back end logs again.

Floyd

--
because I can split the atom with a microphone