[mythtv-users] MythTV / Plex plugin

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 20:45:49 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Andréas Kühne <andreas at kuhne.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just looked at the plugin and have a few questions for you.
>
> In the bundle, there is a file  MythRecordings.bundle / Contents /
> DefaultPrefs.json. In that file there is an IP address for the server. Have
> you changed the IP address to the IP address for your server?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andréas

>> I've been experimenting with finding a new front end for my MythBox since
>> it's still a little loud and takes up too much space in my living room. I
>> know a lot of people use XBMC for a front end, but I have a Plex server and
>> it works nicely on my Roku 2 HD.
>>
>> Anyhow, I found this plug in online over at Github (
>> https://github.com/tschaumburg/MythRecordings.bundle). It saids it
>> requires PlexPass to work (which I have) and I can get the bundle to show
>> up in Plex just fine but when I click on any of of the links in the plug in
>> I get an error message saying it can't connect to my MythTV backend.
>>
>> Does anyone else out there use Plex with MytnTV (or their Roku) and do
>> you have any tips.
>>
>> Floyd

Hey Andreas,

Yeah I just updated that script and I got nothing. I've been doing some
research and it appears that it needs to connect to port 6544 on my Mythbox
to use the webservices API, but as far as I can tell the webservices API is
totally broken on my install. I'm running myth .25

Any idea how to correct this?

Floyd