[mythtv-users] Not sure why I'm getting a conflict with show on multiplex

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:08:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > CTV - CTV News 600-700pm
> > WGRZ-DT2 Green Acres 600-631pm
> > WGRZ-DT NBC Nightly News 630-700pm
> > WGRZ-DT2 Green Acres 630-701pm <---shows as a conflict and won't record
> >
> > If I say "don't record" to the NBC News the conflict goes. But again,
> the NBC news and Green Acres are on a multiplex.
>
> How many tuners have you got - real and multirec ? You need 4 tuners in
> total there - because of the overlap from 6:30 to 6:31. Assuming that first
> column is the channel, you need two tuners on one channel - which can
> normally be two multirec tuners on one physical tuner.

It's an HDHomerun 2 tuner model so it shows two real and two virtual
tuners, 4 in total. (I think that's the proper way to say it.)

To clarify, CTV is 9.1 and WGRZ and WGRZ-DT2 are 2.1 and 2.2 so channelwise
my issue is:

9.1 - CTV News 600-700pm
2.2 Green Acres 600-631pm
2.1 NBC Nightly News 630-700pm