[mythtv-users] Scanning for a particular channel (DVB-S)

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Sat Apr 5 09:41:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have mythtv and my TV (via a built-in tuner) connected to my satellite
dish. It does find a lot of channels during a full tuned channel scan -
but not one particular channel I am looking for (and which is present on
the TV). The web site says the channel is on Astra 19.2, Transponder
103, 12,460.5 MHz, 27.5 MSyb/s, 3/4 FEC, unencrypted.

I thus do a full tuned scan in mythtv backend with the following data:

Frequency 12460500 (also tried 12460000)
Polarity Horizontal
Symbol Rate 27500000
Mod Sys DVB-S
FEC Auto (or 3/4)
Modulation QPSK
Inversion Auto
Roll-off 0.35

But I just get "no lock".

Any hint what else I could try? The channel is present on the TV, so I
should be able to see it.

Thanks.