[mythtv-users] hdpvr won't record through myth

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 23:45:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, looks like the issue was most likely the usb hub having other
> devices on it as when I swapped the hdpvr, usb cable and power supply I had
> the same issues.  Pulled the other usb devices off the hub, restarted and
> all is well.

I do not recall you mentioning a USB hub.  Or that the two
systems had (likely) different peripherals on said hub.  With the
HD-PVR, the usual answer is "just say no" to sharing anything
on the (same) USB bus.  One can discuss various USB
brokenness, and while it is not clear whom to point the finger
of USB non-compliance at, there have been numerous anecdotal
reports of HD-PVRs not sharing well.  I would have added it as
one of my WAGs, but, as I recall, you had not mentioned a
hub.  Although the lsusb (as suggested) would have shown
the difference(s).

Glad it is (now) working again for you.