[mythtv-users] Migration Mythbuntu 10.04 to Mythbuntu 12.04 stuck, Need Help

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 22:05:24 UTC 2014

Update with more details, but it isn't getting me anywhere.  Maybe someone
else will be able to filter out the noise and point me in the right
direction.

First, I ran mythfrontend.real --version and got this:
MythTV Version : v0.25.3-49-gb5adf03
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20130225-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

Then I ran mythfrontend.real -v all --loglevel debug and put the results in
this pastebin:
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/7205146/

All I can tell is that if the MythMusic plug-in is installed (before or
after I restore my database backup from my Mythbuntu 10.04 system that has
a whopping 6 or 8 CDs in the Music collection), mythfrontend will (in
order):
1) spot the music schema is outdated
2) make a database backup
3) return focus to the still unpainted frameless window
4) run off in the weeds like a cat with his tail on fire consuming 100% of
one core on the system.

Besides just giving up on using the music plug-in for now, I'm stuck.

--
Craig.