[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Ken Truesdale kentruesdale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:54:00 UTC 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 10:20 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> Just because you haven't had them chime in on this particular thread
> doesn't mean that people don't think it was too small. Why do you
> think it was increased in the first place :)  People told me that they
> thought it was too small and caused unnecessary eye strain, I agreed,
> and increased the size.

Okay, so that answers my question.  It was changed because people had requested it, and not on a whim.  (Hey, sometimes when I'm making changes to stuff, I tweak something just because it is there and to see what happens, so it was worth asking the question.)

And I definitely agree about the position Thomas is in.  In a way, he's a victim of his success - so many people use the Mythbuntu theme that the userbase is large and opinionated.  And frankly, if it came to using the Mythbuntu theme with text that is too large or switching to another theme, I'd go with the Mythbuntu large text version.

Thomas, from my figuring, the font is about 50% larger.  And that does match your point size change.  So, definitely not the 200% increase somebody else reported.  Although as someone who liked the smaller size, I can tell you that the larger size initially felt like it had doubled in size to 200% of the previous but that was just perception.

Since there appear to be people who like the font the way it was and those who like the larger size, does it make sense to conduct a poll?  Is there a place where we could do that off-list?  (No sense in adding mailing list traffic.)   I'm not suggesting a binding vote, but it might be helpful to gauge interest in the topic overall and see which way people prefer?  Can the MythTV forum do polls?

Ken.