[mythtv-users] schedules direct issues when running as non root

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 00:34:22 UTC 2014

On 4/3/14, 7:55 PM, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> hi, I have been reading a lot about the recent issues with schedules
> direct, I have an issue but I am not sure its the same one.

Hi Tony,

Here is my understanding of several issues:

1) If you're just running 0.27 (and not the latest 0.27-fixes),
mythfilldatbase having run as root will leave some files behind in /tmp
that a normal user won't be able to overwrite.   A fix might be to get
the latest 0.27-fixes, or clean out /tmp manually.  Or just reboot, as
that should clean out /tmp as well.

2) If in the mythbackend setup, the fully-qualified path to
mythfilldatabase is not specified, the mythfilldatabase.log file will be
empty.   This won't necessarily cause any problems in and of itself, but
it'll make troubleshooting more difficult.

3) For some reason unknown to me, if you have the option to use the
schedulesdirect-suggested update time enabled, things might not work
quite right.

I've fixed 2) and 3) on my system, and so far it seems to be working fine.

-WD