[mythtv-users] LircChannelChanger / HD Channels - Going to wrong channel

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Apr 3 14:59:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/02/2014 04:00 PM, Philip Isaacs wrote:
> > I know when I created the STB's conf file I had a ton of trouble. The
> > Cable Box is a Cisco RNG150N and it seems like every lircd.conf that I
> > found online that claim to work with this box didn't, so I ended up
> > recording my own using the irrecord command. But to get it to take I had
> > to force it (command line switch -f) to use the raw mode. Perhaps this
> > is the problem. The raw commands are messing things up.
> >
> > Is that possible?
>
> Yes it is, and it can take a bit of fiddling to get that to work
> reliably. I had to do the same (i.e. use raw mode), and it's taken me
> many months of tweaking to get right.

At least one of the lircd.conf I found that claims to work with that box
had the XMP flags set, which I think is a particular formatting of the
codes. I used to use raw for one of my boxes but it was not always getting
the right digits (1% failure maybe) but once I found the lircd.conf that
used XMP it was 100% reliable. You can irrecord your remote codes with the
XMP flag using a template file but I don't remember exactly how to do it.
Here's a mailing list archive post which talks about doing it with your
specific box (although it describes a RNG-150, not a RNG-150N as you say
you have): http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.lirc/9921 I
searched for "irrecord xmp" to get that link.

Karl