[mythtv-users] Moving MythTV backend to another computer

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 13:13:55 UTC 2014

On 3 April 2014 at 12:25:25, John Pilkington (j.pilk at tesco.net) wrote:
> On 03/04/14 11:21, Sam Jacobs wrote:
> > Is this an “authorised” configuration now, even with those error messages? Or do I have
> > to create a video source for the demo tuner as well? /var/mythtv/media/demo.ts *does*
> > exist, btw.
>
> You have probably tried that by now; I think the answer is 'yes'.
>
> I don't want to run mythtvsetup just now, but this looks in line with
> what I remember:
>
> http://motorscript.com/mythtv-without-tv-tuner-card/
>
> HTH

Thanks John and Michael, that got rid of the error messages.

Still, though, nobody’s been able to tell me what problems a tunerless backend could cause, but I suppose it was a small change to make.

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail