[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 09:31:32 UTC 2014

On 2 April 2014 at 22:13:25, Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi
>
> As I wrote, when you select a text field, the selection color is blue.
> that's the default Qt mac style and there's not much you can do about
> it.
>
> The way the text is deleted when you start typing is also how the Qt
> widget works. Because the text is actually fully highlighted first. So
> it does the same as if you had double clicked on a word to select it
> and type say 'a'. The whole word would be replaced with a.
> If you want to modify the text and not replace it you need to move the
> cursor first to remove the text selection.
> The problem is that the Qt widget doesn't show this properly.
>
> It's the same behaviour as in linux and windows, and the way it's been
> behaving for years (and I always found it annoying but not much I can
> do)

Thanks for the explanation. Indeed, the behaviour on Linux is the same, I notice; it’s just something I’m going to have to be aware of.

> > I don't really understand *why* the script wanted Qt anyway, since I'd already downloaded and
> > installed it from the .dmg on the Qt website (and pointed the script to it as in the
> > instructions).
>
> You need to compile the MySQL plugin, which doesn't come with the
> binary package. To compile the plugin, you need the full Qt source
> code

Good to know that I hadn’t done something wrong!

Thanks,
Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail