[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Apr 3 01:21:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Ken Truesdale <kentruesdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2014, at 5:01 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> On 02/04/2014 21:27, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>>>
>>> This is what that should look like. Does it look like something different?
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/preview.png
>>>

>> Nope, its good.  Apart from the fonts on your screenshot are a lot
>> smaller than those on my screen - but I think that is an issue of some
>> debate :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nige.
>

> I've got a couple of problems with the new version of the Mythbuntu theme.  I upgraded the theme from a 27.1 to the 28.7 tonight.  I noticed issues with the background painting right away - hard to describe but it shows fuzz around the menu text and there's extra dark areas that slowly change after making a selection and then stay steady.

Is it antialiasing?

http://international.download.nvidia.com/webassets/en_US/shared/images/embed/aa-af-guide/embed-aa.jpg

> Also, the dithering on the DVD image ends up showing the blue and red dots more clearly than it used to.  In general, it looks like MythTV is having a hard time painting images to the screen.

I'm not sure what this means. I could guess, but IDK.

>Secondly, the menu font is probably 50% larger than it used to be.  The word Mythbusters in the recordings column used to take up about half the column width (as I can see on my other frontend) but it now takes up at least 2/3 of the width.  (Obviously, other show names are longer but since your screenshot shows Mythbusters, I thought it was a good comparison.)

That picture you previously referenced was an older version. I posted
it in response to someone else since the part they were asking about
hasn't changed. I've just pushed a new preview image, so take a look
at that one.

https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/preview.png

> Everything was fine when I turned things on tonight until I decided to follow the prompt and do the theme upgrade so I know it was the theme update that caused the problem.  And recordings playback perfectly well - no dithering or clarity issues at all.
>
> On another note, is there a way I can switch back to the version of the theme that was working?  The theme chooser doesn't show older versions as an option and while I did find them on github, I've got no idea what I would do to get a specific version from there or what I would do if I did get it.
>

> Ken.

You could, but if there are issues I'd rather try to fix them.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos