[mythtv-users] Migration Mythbuntu 10.04 to Mythbuntu 12.04 stuck, Need Help

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:10:54 UTC 2014

I got the 12.04 system built up and running with the default empty database
on a separate disk that I swap out with the 10.04 system disk.  I used
mythconverg_backup.pl on the old system (Schema 1254) to backup the
database and copied it over to a disk shared with the new system image.
Then I swapped out the 10.04 system disk for the 12.04 system disk.  I ran
mythconverg_restore.pl on the 12.04 system and figured out pretty quick by
running tail -f on the mythbackend.log that mythconverg_restore.pl didn't
stop mythbackend and mythbackend didn't like the state of the database, so
I stopped it with:
$ initctl stop mythtv-backend

Once the restore completed, I restarted mythbackend and it reported the
outdated schema 1254, created a backup and eventually proceeded to update
it to the current (as far as it is concerned) schema 1299.  So far, so good.

When mythbackend logged that the schema was up to date, I then started the
frontend and got a blank screen overlay and there it sits.  Checking the
frontend log, I see that it reports the MythMusic schema (MusicDBSchemaVer)
is 1017 and should be 1019.  It reports that it is waiting to see if it is
being upgraded, times out, creates another database backup, and reports
that the backup is complete.  That's the last line in the frontend log in
the last 20+ minutes.  Meanwhile, the backend log is active, but not
indicating that it is doing anything about the outdated MythMusic schema.

I _do_ have the MythMusic plug-in installed, but without a frontend, I
can't think of anything to do to fix the schema.  I don't see anything in
/usr/bin that looks like it starts a MythMusic app, so how do I get past
this impasse?

--
Craig.