[mythtv-users] LircChannelChanger / HD Channels - Going to wrong channel

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:00:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 2:24 AM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/01/2014 10:20 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> > Oops, forgot there is another parameter called "channeldigits" which you
> > should set to 4. In fact it's probably a good idea to look through the
> > help for LircChannelChanger and set the parameters appropriately.
>
> YMMV, but I believe that the channeldigits parameter will not help with
> the reliability of channel changes, merely with the speed with which
> they are accepted by the STB. But I fully agree with the other guidance
> you gave (i.e. fiddling with the interdigit timers).

Thanks for the advice. I did try different configurations of the script's
options last night and didn't see too much of a difference. I almost feel
like it is random, which leads me to believe it's probably not the issue
with the script (although I haven't ruled it out just yet) but possible
with my IR Transmitter or maybe the commands I'm sending to the STB (my
lircd.conf).

I know when I created the STB's conf file I had a ton of trouble. The Cable
Box is a Cisco RNG150N and it seems like every lircd.conf that I found
online that claim to work with this box didn't, so I ended up recording my
own using the irrecord command. But to get it to take I had to force it
(command line switch -f) to use the raw mode. Perhaps this is the problem.
The raw commands are messing things up.

Is that possible?

Floyd