[mythtv-users] Humming Noise coming from LCD tv

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:58:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Mike's JdJ <stepsisters at comcast.net> wrote:

> If it is a ground-loop issue, you can get a pair of inexpensive isolation
> transformers (analog) from Radio Shack.
>
> Ground Loop Isolator 270-054 $20
>

> On 14-04-01 02:41 PM, Philip Isaacs wrote:
>

>> To answer the some questions.
>>
>> My audio is built into the motherboard. It's an slightly older
>> one (I can't remember the model)
>>
>> My TV is an LG and it does indeed have a both a separate
>> *analog* audio input. And a separate one for digital audio
>> input. But I've never set up an digital audio stuff before, so I
>> don't know exactly what I would be doing. In fact I don't even
>> know what type of cable to use for something like that.
>>

>> Floyd

I will chip in my $.02 and echo what a lot of others are saying.  If you
have a way to do the audio digitally (either through your tv or a
receiver), this is really the best bet.  I have dealt with ground loop hums
in the past and tried many methods of rewiring, creating a ground, etc. to
avoid.  The only method that worked reliably was to go all digital so no
noise can be added to the signal.  If you live in an older house/apt or had
shoddy electrical work done, it is hard to avoid ground loops with analog
connections.