[mythtv-users] LircChannelChanger / HD Channels - Going to wrong channel

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:48:02 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

The IR Blasting to my STB is working well now except for one issue. Not
every time (maybe 20% of the time) the STB seems to change the channel
before the channel changing script is finished.
So I end up on the wrong channel.

It happens mostly with the HD channels because they have 4 digits. So for
instance if I want to record something on channel 1004 (NBC HD in my area)
the channel will end up on channel 100 or 10 because it changes to quickly.
 But 3 and 2 digits works pretty flawlessly.

I've looked at the configurations for this script and there are a lot of
options and I don't know how to delay the entire sequence of numbers until
the end since it seems like it's sending an irsend command for each number.

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

Floyd