[mythtv-users] Controlling STB with Lirc

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:56:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is an Ethernet port on the back, which the Myth box is plugged
> into,
> > to get internet access
>
> So it's a combined STB/Modem?

Sorta :)

Fibe is an IPTV service, so the TV comes over the interwebs. I was actually
shocked to discover that Ethernet port works to just connect up a computer,
but oh well... :)

There is ALSO a modem provided; it's downstairs in the basement. It seems
to bring the signal in on the phone line, and then distributes (at least
the TV packets) through coax. It's kind of a weird setup :)

> > The model is ... er, VIP-2262 I think..... I'll have to confirm that
> later,
>
> Looks like you aren't the first to have trouble with this one:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-January/346190.html
>
> Have you tried either of the other Motorola VIP series remote codes
> from the LIRC site?
>
> http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/

Hm, I know I searched the list (and elsewhere) before initially posting. I
don't recall seeing that message :(

I  don't think I did try those, because I had trouble finding them
previously... I'll give them a try hopefully tonight...

aaron