[mythtv-users] Another Nvidia Question / Problem

glen glenb at glenb.us
Mon Sep 30 01:13:03 UTC 2013

Having had deinterlacing issues as per my previous thread, i switched my
card to a gt640. Playback is fine in 1080i content. I noticed really bad
artifacts playing 720p content (hd homerun atsc high bitrate). After
trying a lot of things, i changed the profile to normal ffmpeg and the
problem resolved, so it was the vdpau playback (not interlaced). I then
tried to use the opengl rendering to reduce cpu. When that was used i
got only 3/4 of the picture. Switching in Appearance settings to uncheck
separate gui and playback I then got a full picture.

1. Is there a way to resolve the artifacts using vdpau. In my xorg.conf
is disable composite, triple buffers and dpi 100x100 (to get a normal
desktop). this is under latest mythbuntu using nvidia 319 updates. I get
the problem using other nvidia drivers, and the xorg settings when
removed don't change anything. I have powermizer set to performance.
Changing that does not change anything either.

Also i tried an xorg.conf where i disabled the edid info and set
modelines. same issue.

2. is there a way to resolve the opengl issue so that i can have
separate gui and playback to go to 24 frame on the TV ?

Thanks for any help.