[mythtv-users] upgrade and now mythweb is broke

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Sun Sep 29 17:01:21 UTC 2013

On 9/28/2013 5:24 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/28/2013 03:32 PM, Larry Roberts wrote:
>> On 9/28/2013 10:18 AM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> 2013-09-28 16:27:20.884924 I [1944/4037] HttpServer104
>> servicehost.cpp:281 (ProcessRequest) - ServiceHost::ProcessRequest:
>> GetPreviewImage : GET
>> /Content/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=6&StartTime=2010-09-24T03%3A00%3A00&Height=75&Width=100&
>> HTTP/1.0
>
> That nails it. mythweb is sending an invalid channel number and maybe
> the wrong timestamp, although the format looks good. Sorry, I don't
> speak Arch.
>
> You could check to see if this file matches mine (which is 0.27 and
> working fine.)
>
>     sum <yourMythwebDir>/modules/tv/classes/Program.php
>
> The proper result is: 18793    35     If it doesn't match, you've
> got a bad version.
>
> That's just one example. There were over 40 commits to mythweb
> in the 0.27 cycle.

So to give the next person who may run into this what I did to fix the
issue.

First, find the 0.26 version of mythweb.  I grabbed it from a dropbox
location provided by someone in a previous email to the list.  Sorry but
I dont recall the original poster. I found it after some google-fu.

remove mythweb but not any dependencies.   for me that was rpm -e
--nodeps mythweb iirc
install the above file.
When you go to the mythweb website you will get an error about the db
version being newer.  I dont recall the exact error but -MY- fix, which
is of the brute force method was to edit the file in question and tell
it to expect the newer version (4)

vi /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/db_update.php
define('WebDBSchemaVer', 4);

Not elegant in any stretch and it could be breaking all kinds of other
stuff behind the scenes but I have a now working system. Without a
frontend I rely on mythweb to do my scheduling so it was worth the risk

My plan is once 0.27 is out and built in Axels repo to upgrade to that.

looking forward to 0.27 as I'm hearing its awesome.  May even try a
frontend if I can find a machine to install onto.