[mythtv-users] Moving from linhes (knoppmyth)

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Sun Sep 29 13:26:03 UTC 2013

G'day all,

I have run a linhes install for ages, used to be knoppmyth.
But it seems to be getting a bit behind the times and I find it a bit of
a pain to modify, it is more of an appliance....

I want to keep my existing info  in the DB but move to a 'real' mythtv
install.
It's a combined FE/BE.
I can have a a play, but has anyone else done this before.
I think, linhes if off at the moment that I am on 0.24-fixes (maybe
0.25) version.
I think download and install a 0.24-fixes on a raw Linux and restore the
DB from linhes, then I should be able to upgrade to 0.27???

Or probably update linhes to the latest which is 0.26 (I think, that is
one of things that is hard to find out in linhes)

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\