[mythtv-users] DVB-C: importing channels.conf

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Sat Sep 28 12:02:40 UTC 2013

On 10. 09. 13 22:55, Karl Dietz wrote:

> Btw, which provider is that and does that provider ask you to enter a
> network_id to your TV? Support for this has landed lately in MythTV
> and will be in the upcoming 0.27 release.
> See http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7486

I'm reactivating this thread, as I didn't come further.

In order to get the missing channels, I upgraded from 0.26 to 0.27, and
then tried to scan for the missing channels. From what I have seen in
'mythtv-setup', the option for specifying the network_id is not there,
so I tried a scan with searching for new transports.

Anyway, the scan didn't find the missing transports and channels.

In 0.27, it seems that the option to import a 'channels.conf'-file is gone.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I can tune all the available channels
within VLC, so it seems that the hardware is working fine. BTW, the card
in use is a Cine C/T from Digital Devices (alone, without any
daughter-card):

http://www.digitaldevices.de/english/Cine_CT.html

So what are the best options to get the missing channels working in MythTV ?

Thank you and best regards
Yann