[mythtv-users] Metadata lookup: confusion between TV and Movies

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 06:25:33 UTC 2013

Hi there.

This topic has been discussed here before, for example:

Whereas some of these messages suggest that this problem has been fixed
in 0.25 I still have it in 0.27.

I guess that this is fundamentally unresolvable in a fully automatic way
given that there are conflicts between the namespaces of the two sources
of metadata:

- Titles can produce hits in both databases;
- The numbering space overlaps between the two.

My guide data isn't perfect: you can't tell from it alone whether a
particular show is a movie or a series. It's also not perfect in that
the year of first transmission is also not reliable.

So I need to add inetnums manually in many cases. But when I do it's
uncertain which of the two sites myth will then try to pull artwork from.

So how about enabling the user to tell myth where to get the data from?
Perhaps by prepending a T to the number if it refers to a TVDB entry,
and M if it's a movie?

By the way: it is also possible for someone to have recordings of shows
that have the same reference number on both sites, but there would be no
way of giving them their own artwork. In order to resolve that the
namespace according to which artwork is stored in the storage group
would need to be changed, with a corresponding change in the myth URL
schema.

Thanks, Jan