[mythtv-users] irexec question

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:30:39 UTC 2013

Hi List,

In my migration to a new hard drive and a reinstall, I have cleaned up and
solved most of my issues.

One thing I am doing is when ratpoison starts up, it starts irexec (as well
as mythfrontend).  I can see that irexec is started from doing a ps -A,
however, my button presses that are tied to irexec do nothing.  When I kill
irexec and start it from the command line, the button presses work, so I
know it is not an irexec issue per se.  Is there something obvious I am
missing?  Do I need to have a pause between starting myth and irexec?

Here is my startup script:

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ cat .ratpoisonrc
#Make escape (default C-t) not clash with mythTV key bindings
escape C-r
#Banish the mouse cursor out of the way.
addhook switchwin banish

exec /usr/bin/xset -dpms >/dev/null
exec /usr/bin/xset s off >/dev/null
exec /usr/bin/mythstart.sh