[mythtv-users] Connect to backend issues

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:05:49 UTC 2013

I need some advice on how to set up a new system. In the past I used the
mythbuntu install which created all the necessary users, groups and
permissions for me but on this system I'm starting from a fresh Ubuntu
desktop install with a single user = jonno which is how the system always
logs in.
I then installed Mythbuntu control centre from here:
http://www.mythbuntu.org/existing-ubuntu

I've poked around with the mysql users and passwords but I'm a little lost
about which user is/should be doing what.

* I've checked and user:jonno is part of the group:mythtv
* I currently have both users jonno & mythtv setup in mysql per the
instructions here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation#Creating_the_mythtv_user

If I set up the mysql user to jonno in the mythfrontend settings -> general
settings and then start the backend it connects and everything works.
However on reboot mythbackend must be attempting to start either using some
other config or username as it can't connect to the backend.

My question is how *should* I set up the users and how do I find out how to
check/change the settings?

Ubuntu 13.04, Mythtv 0.27, AMD64